- With a profound respect for the values and traditions of cuisine and fine dining, our fellowship encourages the training of young chefs worldwide through the Jeunes Chef Rôtisseurs Competition. This annual event offers young chefs the opportunity to demonstrate their culinary skills in a competitive environment with their peers.
- This competition is open to chefs up to 27 years of age with less than five years of professional experience.
- On the day of the competition, each contestant is given an identical, previously unidentified “market basket” containing certain basic ingredients. Using all of these ingredients, the contestant need to compose and execute a three course menu (first course, main course, and dessert) for four people.
- The written menu must be completed within the first half-hour, with three and a half hours allowed for preparation, after which the finished dishes are presented for judging. The mystery basket is set by the Conseiller Culinaire, and the regional Vice-Conseiller Culinaire coordinates the competition at a regional level.
- Competitors must be working in one of our member establishments, and after winning a Regional competition, qualify to enter the National competition. The National winner then competes in the International competition held in a different member country every year
Jeunes Sommeliers Competition
- In 2007 the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs inaugurated the annual Jeunes Sommeliers Competition to offer young sommeliers an opportunity to present their skills and ‘savoir faire’ under highly competitive and intense and gruelling testing conditions.
- This annual competition is open to candidates from 21 to 30 years of age. (The candidate needs to still be 30 years old by the 20th September of the year that they intend competing.)
- The sommeliers have to compete on a regional level first, the exam is set by the Echanson and on a regional level it is coordinated by the Vice-Echanson. The regional winners take part in the National competition and the National winner will take part in the International competition.